Autumn may be in the air, but there’s still plenty that can be done, we give 8 handy tips on what needs your attention this October
* Plant spring bulbs…it will be here before you know it!
* Remove any dead plants and plant them up with some winter plants to give some colour in the dark months
* Rake up autumn leaves on a regular basis
* Harvest any apples, pears or nuts
* Shorten whippy rose shoots so that they won’t become damaged in high winds and also so they are ready to be pruned in late winter
* Give grass a final mow and feed before the winter
* Move any delicate or tender plants into shelter before the frosts
* Plan for next year, order your seeds now!
For more tips on what to do next have a look at RHS expert articles which are great with tips!