Advice For Selling Your Property
We get so used to the places we live in that it’s sometimes hard to see them through others’ eyes. But if you want a successful, quick sale, that’s exactly what you have to do and first impressions count for a lot. A few hours spent making your property look its best or even spending a bit of money to clear up some niggling problems could add to the price you get from a buyer.
- Think like a buyer – Don’t overlook flaws just because you don’t mind them or you’re used to them
- Reduce clutter – Potential buyers need to imagine themselves living in your house, so get rid of ornaments and photos – especially posters in kids’ bedrooms
- Decorate neutrally – buyers need to be able to see it as their own home
- Keep it light – Clean the windows and use light colours
- Give your home curb appeal!!! – Buyers will often walk or drive past first, and fresh paintwork and well cared for outside spaces make a great first impression
- Dress to impress – Make it easy for prospective buyers to see the primary purpose and potential of each room. If a bedroom is a double, make sure it contains a double bed, not a single or, worse still, no bed at all.
- Keep it clean – We know it’s obvious, but do make sure your home is sparkling clean from top to bottom. Not only will this make it more immediately attractive, but it will also reassure prospective buyers that it has been well maintained in other, more fundamental, respects.
- Money – Don’t get carried away! Avoid spending money unless doing so will help you to achieve a higher price or an easier sale and never improve a property out of its category or neighborhood.
- Estate Agent – You’ll want someone who is active in the local market; and someone who is keen to sell your property and has local knowledge – Instruct Alan Cooke Sales & Lettings to sell your property!!!
- Sell!!! – Let our dedicated team do the rest for you and find you a buyer and the right price for your property.